Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Blog Stage Eight

My View on "Hate Crimes Rising"

"Hate Crimes Rising" discusses the issue of hate crimes rising against the people who support Trump. I do believe that citizens are getting attacked sometimes for what they support and believe in, but, I do not think that we can blame parents for not setting a good example for their children. I also believe that in some of the "hate crimes", we do not know the whole story. An example with the MAGA students and Native elder.

 "The longer version of the incident is more complex, and now that it has surfaced, the rush to judge the teenagers, who were in the nation’s capital for the anti-abortion March for Life, is coming under attack. “I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to defuse the situation,’’ Sandmann said. “I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict.’’ Sandmann said he and his family have received death threats. “I am being called every name in the book, including racist, and I will not stand for this mob-like character assassination of my family’s name," he said." 

People were so quick to judge the students in the extremely short video even though they had no idea on what was actually going on. I do believe that there is some hate crime because of everyone's different beliefs and not knowing another way to express that, but I do not believe it is most parent's faults and not all "hate crimes" are what we think they are. 

No comments:

Post a Comment